Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July 14, 2009

This was a good day for our family! First of all it was Alan's 10th birthday. I can't believe he is already that old! He has really grown up a lot lately and we really depend on him for a lot of help around the house. He has such a fun personality. He is a lot like his dad in that way. He always wants to make people laugh. He has always been like that. I remember when he was younger like 4 years old he had a friend, Bryson Reynolds that would laugh at everything Alan did. This was a huge problem in his primary class and they had to end up putting them in separate classes because it was so bad! He loves to be the class clown and it has definitely gotten him in some trouble in his short life! Alan loves life and really tries to have fun in everything he does. Which really is not a problem if he could only remember priorities! He is also such a social butterfly. He also gets this from his father! It's a good trait I suppose.
Paul was able to take his birthday off. Actually he was home with an injury from playing volleyball on our family vacation! So we mostly just hung out and opened presents, had navajo tacos and jello cake.

Alan got stuff for scouts since he is a Webelos now, a new basketball, a basketball hoop that hooks onto a door and a light saber from Connor. I think he really enjoyed his presents. From my parents he got a picture of The First Presidency. He told my mom while we were on vacation that he wanted one. From my siblings he got a $50 savings bond. Although the kids don't get too excited about getting bonds for a present, I think it is a really good idea that we should have done a long time ago. My grandparents did it for us and it helped me pay for college, buy Paul an electric guitar and helped us get into our first house. So we will see how handy they come into play for the kids in the future.
Alan let Cam help him blow out his candles. That's a good big brother!

Also on this day we had our ultrasound of the baby. This is a picture of our little persons foot. It's a cute foot! Saying Paul and I were nervous is an understatement! Once you have had one bad ultrasound it ruins the excitement of all future ones. We were more nervous than excited. We really just wanted to get it out the way and hopefully find that everything was okay. We explained to the technician that did our ultrasound our history and she was so good to tell us that the baby looked good and all the measurements were good. Since Cora had anencephaly( her brain didn't develop) we were very nervous about having another child with the same birth defect. We were told by our doctor that the chances of having an anencephalic baby is 1 in 1000 and once you have had one with that condition your odds raise to 1 in 100. This is why these things are so nerve racking to us! Needless to say we had nothing to worry about. Actually, the first image of the ultra sound was the baby's head and it is all there! We didn't find out if it's a boy or a girl. We want to be surprised. It just makes the whole experience more exciting for us! We really would like a girl, but I'm trying to convince myself that it will be a boy so that I am not to disappointed! Whether it's a boy or a girl we just really want a healthy baby to love and to raise. We are very excited and so are the kids. Lexi seems to be the most excited and of course she really wants a baby sister! She always says that she has too many brothers. And the poor thing is stuck in the middle of them!
I did have a doctors appointment today, and he said that the ultrasound showed that the placenta was a little lower than it should be. He isn't that concerned about it. He said that 9 1/2 times out of 10 it will move up as we get further along. He is going to have us get another ultrasound at 33 weeks just to make sure everything looks okay. I'm not really that worried about it because the doctor doesn't seem to worried. I really trust our doctor and I think he is one of the best out there! Yeah Doctor Barton!
So anyways that was our exciting day! Couldn't have turned out any better that it did! We are very blessed to have a family and to be able to celebrate milestones! Happy Birthday Alan! We love you very much!

4 comments:

  1. I really just can't believe that the little guy Chelsy and I babysat is 10! Happy Birthday Alan! That really is a cute little ultrasound picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your Dr. Barton is the same one as our Dr. Barton, then yeah, he's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Alan!! I can't believe he's 10 already too! Goll kids grow up way too fast! He's such a sweet boy and I adore hanging around him - as with all of your kids... But he's sort of like a mini Russ so of course he's just the cutest to me. And I am SO excited everything is going great with the baby. I can't wait to know what it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant believe Alan is 10 time goes by way to fast. Congrats on the baby and what a relief for you guys that the ultrasound was good. And yes Paul that is a good name.

    ReplyDelete