Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My drug high at work!
My name is Heather McInnes and I am a coupon junkie! So I have been "couponing" since October and it's beyond awesome! Since we haven't had a blog until now I of course haven't blogged about the awesome deals I have found. So I went shopping this morning at Albertsons and did the coupon thing and this is what I walked away with (I say walked away with because some of it was absolutely free)-

5 bags of vegetable steamers
7 boxes of Fiber One bars
6 boxes of cereal
2 cartons of Egg Beaters
2 pudding snack 4 packs
4 boxes of Bagelfuls
13 Healthy Choice meals
2 Suddenly Salads
6 frostings
2 Salad dressings
3 boxes of muffin mix
6 boxes of popcorn
10 yogurts
8 boxes of potatoes
6 Warm Delight minis (2 in each package)
8 cans of Sloppy Joe sauce
2 Grands biscuits
2 gallons of milk
plus $10 to spend on my next shopping trip
plus I earned .25 off per gallon of gas

All of this was only $60.74! I saved $204!

I tell you there is nothing like getting stuff for free, or pretty close to free!
I will confess I am not the coupon queen! There is still a lot that I don't know. My good friend Jen Stafford is the "Queen" as far as I am concerned! She is my coupon mentor! Thanks for all of your help Jen! She has been doing this stuff forever, before there was even a website that told you how to do it. She has been trying to get me to do the coupon thing for a very long time, but I wouldn't listen to her. If only I had I could have saved a ton of money long ago!
Albertsons is awesome! I am so glad they have these sales that help all of us crazy coupon people save money! I usually go to the Albertson's on Sunset and I would just like to give a shout out to Josh, Kristen, Michelle, Jamie, Mary & Toni for helping us save money! You guys are life savers!
If there are any of you that don't know how "coupon" let me know and I can help you. I love to teach people about it. I figure if you are going to shop anyways you might as well do the best you can at it. The best part about it is I hardly ever have to go to Wal*Mart! I really hate going there! I absolutely dread it! I know that sounds wierd, but this way is sooo much cheaper than Wal*Mart will ever be! I don't think Wal*Mart was giving away free salad dressing today! Or Egg Beater for .20. Albertson's sure was! Anyways happy shopping!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I totally got a little tear in my eye as I read the part about how wonderful I am. (And yes... I LOVE that you bad-mouthed the big W*M!!) You have done well, my young apprentice. (I'm so proud!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you just do some shout outs to the cashiers??? haha! Good work Heather, I also have learned much from you! My bank account thanks you. I don't know if I will ever get as many newspapers as you since my family will probably be three forever but I will still try and follow in your "couponing" foot steps. I am on my may to get my free ranch soon... I hope you didn't take it all:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I thought YOU were the queen.... does this "Jen" girl even exist? As far as I care, you are the queen in Couponland. And like Christie, my bank account thanks you also!!! YEA US!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that post was well worth reading. I need to get better at that. Let me know how those eggbeaters taste. I'm a little scared. When summer comes I may be at your house every Tuesday to learn all the tricks. Good Work! Yeah, about those shout-outs to the cashiers....You may be crazy! Are they your "dealers"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha I love this post :) I really need to come learn the ropes on this.... It might help my bank account out as well as I'm trying to only cook meals so Russell and I aren't going out so much :) Good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, your funny! good work Heather!! Thanks for teaching us how to do this!

    ReplyDelete