Monday, April 27, 2009

We Had a Crazy Saturday!!

This had to be one of the busiest Saturdays we have had in a very long time! Everything that could have been scheduled, was scheduled!
We started the day of with the Relay for Life. We have never done it before and it was pretty fun. UPS had a group so Paul signed us up. On Friday night we went to Hansen Stadium and partook of some food that Ben Terry( Ben's dad Joe, was a UPS driver and died a few years ago of cancer) and UPS provided for us. Ben bbq'd some hamburgers and hot dogs for us. It was fun to just hang out with some of the UPS guys and their families. Our turn to walk was Saturday morning at 7:30. We had to get the kids up by 6:40 so we could be there on time. They were good sports and didn't give us any problems. Except for Alan, he is the slowest cereal eater! So anyways, we walked our 2 1/2 miles and then ate some breakfast that the Mayor cooked for us. I really enjoyed walking around the track with the family. They all did really good! They had to take a few breaks here and there for the potty and to rest, but they did good to do it on their own so Paul and I could keep walking. We might do it next year, but I told Paul to sign us up on Friday night. I think it would just be a lot easier that way!

I think Alan is laughing because I had to run to get ahead of them. He always laughs at me when I run and says WHOA, WHOA! That's not very nice of him!

We saw these two kids on lap 8 or so and thought they were pretty cute so we decided to take them home with us! I think they will make a good addition to our family!


On the way out the boys wanted to take our picture by this mustang. They love mustangs! Lexi is quite fond of them too! They are quick to let us know when they have spotted one on the road.


Oh Hi Paul. Glad you could join us in our picture!

Our next stop was the Scout Expo. Alan needed to be there to check in his Pinewood Derby car for the "Best of Show" category and to help with our wards booth. He was pretty excited to be there and Tiffany Reynolds and all of the scouts had a pretty fun booth.
After taking Alan there we quickly got Connor and Lexi to a primary activity. They did some Humanitarian Aide kits.
After dropping them off Paul and I came home and got some "workin' in the yard" tools and took off the the Stake cleanup in our neighborhood. We didn't find very many people so some of us just made up some projects. We pulled some weeds at a park and an abandoned trailer. After we picked up the kids from the primary activity we went looking for more projects. Unfortunately since we got there so late a lot of the projects had already been completed. We felt bad that there wasn't more for us to do, but we did what we could. So we came home and did a little bit here and there in our yard. We had done all of this by 11:30 a.m. We were pretty worn out! We ate lunch and got cleaned up. I went and got Alan from the Scout Expo around 2:00. When I found him he looked sooo tired! His eyes were drooping and he was so exhausted! I thought he would fall asleep on the way home! I was able to take a nap when I got home thanks to Paul. Then at 5:30 we took the kids over to our good friends Brett and Tiff so that we could go to Ward Temple Night. We trade off babysitting every month with them so that we can go as couples to the temple and not have to pay for a babysitter. It shouldn't cost you money to be able to go to the Temple! We had a good turn out from our ward especially after everyone had so much to do that day! Paul and I really enjoyed the Temple and I am so glad I was able to go with him. Neither one of us fell asleep and I was quite proud of that! It was a very busy day, but it felt good at the end of the day to know that we had done some good! It's definitley better than feeling like you accomplished absolutely nothing at the end of the day!

8 comments:

  1. You did have a very busy saturday! Going to the temple at the end of a busy day is great!Just going to the temple is great! Way to go on the Relay for life as a family! How cute:) I need you to teach me the coupon stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no better way to end the day than to attend the temple! I agree...it shouldn't cost money to go to the temple! That's great that you and the Reynolds' have it set up so that you can go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I saw those kids on lap 8, I would have taken them home too!!! And, how excited were you when you saw that you both now have a t-shirt with my name on it!!!! LUCKY YOU'S!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a busy Saturday! How fun that you did the Relay for Life as a fam :) I was suppose to but then Russ and I headed to Vegas so that didn't work out :( Maybe next year! By the way your pictures are too cute - your family is just the cutest :) I'd have to agree - there's nothing like the feeling that you get after you do service (no matter how big or small it may seem)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paying for a baby-sitter while going to the temple is part of the sacrifice. Maybe you should head up finding girls in your ward that will do it for their goals they need. That is good work on the relay for life. Me? I'm not so sure I would have taken those two home. Aren't they the orneriest of the 4?

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow- busy busy day! good job on accomplishing all of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog and checked it out. Looks like lots of fun times!

    Malinda

    ReplyDelete