Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Birthday MOM!

(L to R) Russ, Jason, Joanna, Paul, Heather, Trini, Timmy, Dad, Mom, Christie, Moss, Bonnie, Aaron

We had the coolest experience on Saturday! Paul asked my mom what she wanted for her birthday. Her response was "I just want to go to the temple with my family". Well we decided to make it happen. With some rearranging of some schedules we were able to pull it off. We wanted to surprise her with it too. I called and invited her and my dad to go to the temple with Paul and I. She said that it sounded fun and that she really wanted to go with the whole family, but she knew Russ and Bonnie were going to be out of town. I was so glad to hear her say that because I knew she wouldn't be expecting us all to be there. So Paul and I met my parents outside the temple. This is the cool part. We had it all arranged to have everyone(that would be my 3 sisters with 3 brother-in-laws and my 2 brothers and 1 sister-in-law, my dad and of course Paul) but me be in the chapel all dressed in white. I didn't see the expression on her face, but I could tell by her loud gasp and her body language that she was so surprised and extremely grateful at what she saw. I think at first she saw everyone but Russell. Then she saw him and she completely lost it. You have to understand this is the first time all of us have been to the temple together. There were no empty seats! My mom has prayed and waited for this day for a very long time and it finally happened. It was a testimony builder to me about being faithful and patient. It was an absolutely amazing experience! I am so grateful that we were all able to be there. All I could think about the whole time was back to when we were all growing up and what a pain it was to be the oldest of 6 kids. But now I really wouldn't want it to be any other way. I have a great love for my family. I am so grateful that we all live here and are involved in each others lives and have a hand in helping raise each others families. We are extremely blessed. I really think this is one birthday that she will remember for a very long time! I know I will never forget it!

After the Temple we went to Pizza Factory for lunch. Russ' friend Nicole joined us. We were so glad that she could be there too! Trini had to go to work and we really missed her. So my mom turned 52 and that would explain the pizza.

My brother-in-law Jason shares the same birthday with my mom. He turned 27. Funny thing about Jason is that he is a triplet, so he doesn't even get to have his very own special day in our family! I hope he had a good one anyways!
Paul and I are pretty much gomers! We had a good time with my family. I really hope we can have more days like this! Thank you everyone for making yourselves available so that my mom could have a great birthday! I really do have a cool family!

7 comments:

  1. Ohhh, that is great. I can imagine how happy your mom was. What a neat day. Good job pulling it off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me cry!I bet your mom had the best birthday! I love your whole family so much!Happy Birthday to your mom... one amazing lady! You have such a great family!You've Always been the BEST examples to me! Love you all! Way to go on the awesome suprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could have been there to see her face but I knew by the way she hugged me afterward and the things she said to me that was so truly happy. She was so surprised. I'm glad I got to meet up with you after! What an awesome experience! I love you truly like my own family and am SO blessed to have all of you in my life. I look up to you all and I'm so glad your mom had the best birthday. She truly deserves it. You guys have the most special family - love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post makes me so jealous. It sounds like a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, It is so good to hear how your fam is doing. I blog hopped from Bonnie's blog to yours. I hope you don't mind. It sounds like you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that was a great post- thanks! that was a very good idea to have us all be there. it was a really cool thing to be apart of, and mom's expression was priceless- we all pretty much knew what it would be like, but to actually see it meant a lot. thanks for bein such a great sister! :) love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather!!!!! I just found out you have a blog and I WAS SO EXCITED!!!!
    I wish I lived there so you could teach me about couponing. I saw someone once bought $500 dollars worth of stuff for about $8.
    I need to learn the tricks!
    I can't believe how big your kids are! they are very cute!

    ReplyDelete